- Minnesota State Fair Hall of Fame: On January 14, 2021, via a State Fair Board Zoom Meeting, Mark was presented with the Hall of Fame which was founded in 1966 to recognize individuals whose outstanding service has had a lasting impact on the Great Minnesota Get-Together. A board member said that “Goodrich is recognized throughout North America as a preeminent expert in livestock shows and agriculture education.” In 1999, he was the driving force behind the creation of the Minnesota Beef Expo at the State Fairgrounds, which today is regarded as one of the most progressive beef industry events in the nation.
University of Minnesota Dean's Award Distinguished Friend of Extension: Working side by side through the Minnesota State Fair and the University of Minnesota Extension program, Mark constantly was planning, organizing, and leading the development of 4-H experiences. On October 6, 2020, Mark was proud to receive the University of Minnesota Distinguished Friend of Extension Award. During the Extension's annual conference, Extension Dean, Bev Durgan, said of Mark:
Goodrich has been instrumental in helping 4-H educators, volunteers and participants fit as seamlessly as possible into the Minnesota State Fair community. He has assisted with critical operational systems that allow 4-H families efficient access to the fairgrounds and helped assure adequate funding for 4-H at the fair.
More importantly, Goodrich is the champion of young people. His head and heart work together to put youth first. The fair is about competition, fellowship, education, and of course, the necessary bottom line. Above all these, Goodrich has championed young people. He has always looked for ways to highlight the education and accomplishments of 4-H youth.
Honorary American FFA Degree: Mark has been completely dedicated to youth programs like 4-H and FFA for over thirty years. As a Supervisor and then Deputy General Manager of the Minnesota State Fair Livestock and Competitions, Mark is instrumental in organizing all youth events held at the State Fairgrounds in St. Paul during the fair, as well as off season events. On November 1, 2019, Mark was selected to receive the Honorary American FFA Degree at the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis. The National FFA Organization stated:
This award is given to those who advance agricultural education and FFA through outstanding personal commitment. Without the efforts of highly dedicated individuals, thousands of young people would not be able to achieve the success that, in turn, contributes directly to the overall well-being of the nation.
The Honorary American FFA Degree is an opportunity to recognize those individuals like Mark Goodrich who have gone beyond valuable daily contributions to make an extraordinary long-term difference in the lives of students, inspiring confidence in a new generation of agriculturists.
- Minnesota Livestock Breeders' Hall of Fame Award: During the 123rd Annual Meeting of the Minnesota Livestock Breeders' Association held in March, 2019, Mark's mentor, Maurice Grogan, graciously presented this award to Mark. This award was created in 1934 “to honor people who have contributed greatly to the livestock industry in Minnesota, and demonstrate excellence as a breeder, leadership in local, state and national organizations, and contributions to youth programs. Also, Mark is honored because of exceptional service to livestock producers.”
- Outstanding Agricultural Mentor Award: Claudine received this at the 2013 Women's Agricultural Leadership Conference, and she was recognized for having been “a positive mentor and integral part of the development of youth who will aspire to take on leadership roles in agriculture through MYBEP.”
- Minnesota Beef Cattle Improvement Association Cattleman of the Year Award: This was presented to the Goodrich family in 2009 in “recognition of their dedication and service to the cattle industry.”
- Northern Wisconsin Beef Producers Award: In 2009, this award was given “in appreciation to Mark and Claudine Goodrich for outstanding contributions to the cattle industry.”
- Minnesota State Cattlemen's Association Distinguished Service Award: Mark received this award at the MSCA Annual Convention in December, 2008, for his support of the beef industry. The MSCA organization stated that “Goodrich was honored for his leadership in the Minnesota Livestock Industry, and in particular, for his service in the area of youth programs and his work improving cattle genetics. Over 40 years, his enthusiasm for the industry has been unwavering, and his commitment has always been whole-hearted.”
- A Room in Haecker Hall at the University of Minnesota dedicated in namesake to Richard D. Goodrich: On March 12, 1999, former Gov. Arne Carlson and others spoke of “the importance of Haecker Hall, the building that houses the animal science department on the St. Paul campus and represents the commitment of the citizens of Minnesota to agriculture.” One of the rooms in this important building became the namesake for Richard during this event.
- Minnesota Livestock Hall of Fame, 1995, presented to Richard Goodrich
- Graduate of Distinction Award from Oklahoma State University, 1991, presented to Richard Goodrich
- Horace T. Morse Awardâ€” Amoco Foundation Award for Outstanding Contributions to Undergraduate Teaching, 1979, presented to Richard Goodrich
- Animal Management Award, ASAS, 1977, presented to Richard Goodrich
- Visiting Professorship, University of Nebraska, 1973, presented to Richard Goodrich
- Outstanding Teacher Award, University of Minnesota, 1969, presented to Richard Goodrich